Wednesday, April 20, 2011

happiness and loving

i used to make lists of things that made me happy..




see a list here.




but you know what i have realized recently?






that i don't need to make lists to think of reasons for being happy.






but that it is love of, from and for people is what truly makes me happy.






it is what heals me and moves me




and it is what actually makes me, me.




because the more i love, the more i find myself growing. and the more i grow, the more substance of me there is of me to just love others even more... if that makes any sense. (it does in my head.)






love this quote, given in one of my favorite talks




"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."


-Mother Teresa






moral of this post:


give people the benefit of the doubt.


be kind to each other.


don't judge a book by it's cover.


accept someone's differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings.


have patience.


forgive and forget.




and love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment