Monday, August 13, 2012

Contactos

Querida familia,
 
Hijole this week FLEW! Nuts. I've been a missionary today for 8 months! Can you believe that? I sure can't!
 
Friday we found ALL DAY LONG. We decided to invite every single person that we met to come to church. And out of the 100 people that we talked to---not one came to church, but that's just because satan's working with them! DON'T LISTEN TO SATAN! On a good note, Carmen came to church! Oh she is so cute. She talks super slow, and like Roz from Monster's Inc. I could just eat her up. She is deluting her coffee, and trying to stop drinking it. We had some Pero in our apartment (coffee substitute), that we decided we would give to her. We decorated a cute little jar and we are going to stop it by her this week and get some daily contact going! Also she is also praying about baptism! Saturday, we had a completely full day, we went by all of our appointments and every single one of them fell through.... NOOO. It was a long day. I was fightin' towards the end of it. At about 8:40pm and we decided that we would go stop by Carmen because she wasn't at our appointment the Wednesday before. All we did was share a scripture with her about how we are going to recieve answers to our prayers, and how sometimes we realize that God has already given us our answer when we are still trying to seek one. Hermana Dapper shared the scripture D&C 8:2-3 que dice, "Si, he aqui, hablare a tu mente y a tu corazon por medio del Espiritu Santo que vendra sobre ti y morara en tu corazon. Ahora, he aqui, este es el espiritu de revelacion; he aqui, es el espiritu mediante el cual Moises condujo a los hijos de Israel a traves del Mar Rojo sobre tierra seca." I shared with her an expierence that I had about recieveing an answer to my prayer about coming on a mission. I told her that before I even started praying about it, I already knew what my answer would be. I told her how much I loved her, and also shared with her how much our Father in Heaven loves her, and wants her to be happy. The spirit was so strong and we were all in tears by the end of that short 20 minutes. It's amazing how in a short 20 minutes your day can turn completely around. Then the next day she showed up at church! We were so happy to see her! She is almost there!!
 
Delia her sister wasn't at church, but she is still praying and reading the Book of Mormon every day. She is a cute little thing too! Both are about in the 60'sish. I look forward to our little appointments with them!
 
Marta y Erandi are just as sweet as could be. We taught them the Word of Wisdom, and are ready to start living the it! I love the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity! I just really love teaching those lessons... hahaha. Law of chastity to kids goes something like this: (Erandi is 8)
 
Head, shoulders, knees and toes.
between your head and shoulders: have good thoughts, watch good things, lisiten to good and uplifting things, and speak of good things.
between your shoulds and your knees: don't let anyone get close to you!
between your knees and your toes: and if they do, you KICK THEM! and run away!
 
p.s. I still will never name one of my daughter's Chastity! No te preocupes!
 
Well thats about all I have energy to type for this week! I love y'all so so so so so so so so much!
Thanks mom for the Package!
Jammie, you're such a cute preggy lady!
Sarah, I love you too!! (thanks for the letter, I will be writing you back)
Mom, Nicole and Bret...(they have the baby that is so cute and are in our ward) they wrote me! Can you tell them thank you so much and that i loved her cute decorated card?? It was so nice of them!!
Errn, ya sabes
Dad, Keep the Maya and Rudy stories comin'
Evz, i meet Mavz fans about daily. Maybe you should let me know whos on the Mavz right now! I can't remember. DURK Navinski?
 
LOVE HERMANA SPENCER

No comments:

Post a Comment