Monday, October 18, 2010

Grammar Nazi.

I tend to correct people and their grammar use probably more than I should.
But there are a few things that absolutely drive me crazy.

They are:

  • Using the wrong to. (two, too, to, 2)

I am too tired to go exercise. OR Me too!

I just ate two cookies.

I am going to the store.

  • When the 2 words, A LOT is spelled as only one word. alot.

this one seriously drives me CRAZY! I don't know why. It's just like nails on a chalkboard for me.

  • Loose vs. lose.

e.g., I always lose my keys
This knot is too loose.

  • This phrase "Your so nice to me."... and by your, did you mean you're??? Should I still be nice to you if you use the wrong you're? No thank you.

  • Oh, that's another one. Thank You is 2 words, people!

  • That is THEIR house over THERE in the boonies, and THEY'RE going to burn it down.

If you are a victim of using any of these very large grammar mistakes, and you would not like to be corrected by me, your answer is simple..

Ask santa for Hooked on Phonics for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment