Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chocolate Leg

Oh, Mi FAMILIA!!!!
 
What's happenin' family?? Here is a strange tid bit of information: I only have one more p-day in the CCM. So weird! I am so ready to hit el campo though! I am getting better at speaking spanish. We have espanol fiestas all the days. I love spanish -- even though I still am far from speaking like Padre. Mom, I'll probably be sending some stuff home to make my bag lighter for the week after, just so you are aware.
So how is everyone doing? You can tell the Dumas family that I saw Elder Dumas in the cafeteria! That was fun. He seemed very happy to be here, so tell Ann to not worry her pretty little head. We get to host again this upcoming week! Hosting is so much fun. I just try and be like my host. I loved her. She made me feel very welcomed :)
 
So here is a little shout out to BABY HAWKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't sure in the last e-mail if Jammie has been telling people or what was going on, so if you had no idea what I was talking about, lo siento. I am so excited for them though! Oh. my. goodness. I sent Jammie with some pictures that are pretty funny, so you'll have to ask her to bring those over to upload to our computer. I hope you all enjoy looking at them as much as mi companiera y Yo enjoyed taking them. jajaja. You're welcome!
 
So this week was really good! We got a new district which was really fun to welcome them with the Branch Presidency. The Zone Leaders made up this really funny ejemplo about how to not do a comp. invintory. Elder Turley: I really hate it when you wake up in the middle of the night and put your socks on your head and start doing this weird dance..... jaja, I have no idea where that came from. Oh, we have the best branch though! Bless that elder's alma (soul). I really like welcoming the new districts in. I get to hear President Claybaugh talk to them, and hear his testimony. Its a really great reminder and kind of recharges my battery in a way?
 
Also: the Hermanitas sang in church on Sunday. It was scary! I think that is one of my biggest fears: singing in front of people. I didn't take my eye's off of that hymn book. It's one thing when you're singing in english, but Spanish? I was pretty nerviosa. Esta Bien, the elders said it sounded good, so I'll trust them. Oh, It was Grande res tu?? aka How Great Thou Art. Love that himno.
 
Oh my, Thank you for sending the package. That picture of Elder Hayward sits right next to your picture! Love that man. How are the Jazz doing by the way? Evz, I need some updates! The muddy buddies are DEVINE! I'm trying to make them last as long as possible, but Hermana Butt is a bit of a garbage disposal :) jaja. She eats everything in sight, yet is still the size of one of my legs. Love her.
Speaking of legs, funny story: actually two funny stories:
 
story #1: We got our package from Aunt Vicky, (p.s. mom you were right, "you may call me aunt vicky" is from the parent trap)
Anyways, she sent us some chocolate. Someone got some chocolate on the outside of the bag and I was putting them up, trying to tidy up our room a bit before gym. So we go to gym, I'm doing my thing. Finish my little workout, and then I'm over stretching with Hermana Waters, and Hermana Water's goes - "What the HECK is that on your leg??" Oh my goodness, I had this MASSIVE glob of chocolate on my LEG! I have no idea how it got there. But I was like.... That looks like something that goes in the toilet. Gross. Jaja, I hope nobody really thought that. That was pretty embarassing.
 
story #2: I was in the classroom, while the Trio was teaching their progressing investigator. In the classroom was only the Sisters (THANK GOODNESS). But I was at the board standing there trying to memorize D&C 4 in Spanish, and I walk back to my seat and then I feel something drop around my ankles. Yep, Don't worry, my skirt fell completely off. Good thing I was wearing a slip that day, and its a BLESSED good thing that there were only sisters in that classroom at the time. Oh. My. Gosh. It's one of the skirts that didn't have a little latchy thing at the top of the zipper. So I made one. With a safety pin. MERCY! That was embarassing too. Why do I always have embarassing things happen to me??!
 
We are all praying that it IS the prophet coming tonight. We still don't know. All we know is that there are 200 extra guests coming to el CCM, and that we have to get in our seats early so we don't have to sit in the overflow. We made that a district goal this week: NO OVERFLOW SEAT! I might go camp out right after sending this e-mail. Serio!
 
Okay, my time is just about up. I love it here in the MTC and am so glad I am here!!Thank you all for everything you do! I love you all so much!!!!!
Have an awesome week!
 
Love, HermANNA
 
p.s. Erin, if you see Emily Price from the Dr.'s office tell her I love her! A patient of Dr. Call's that works at the Provo temple gave me a hug from Emily. She's so cute! I gave her one right back and told her to tell the whole office that I love them! It is a very sweet tender mercy to get to see her every P-day. She was my favorite of all the patients :)
 
p.s.s. Ask Nate Hainsworth if he got the note that I wrote on his classroom chalkboard. I hope it was the right classroom. (8M rm. 115???)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment